Contact Us Today
Fine Bubble Disc Diffusers
Fine bubble disc diffusers from SSI Aeration, Inc. bring together the best in engineering, components and design to improve efficiency. Their performance and durability make them indispensable in municipal and industrial installations across the globe. SSI Aeration, Inc. builds reliability into every stage of fine bubble disc diffuser performance to improve your experience.
WHAT MAKES OUR FINE BUBBLE DISC DIFFUSERS A WORLDWIDE CHOICE?
SSI Aeration, Inc. supplies fine bubble disc diffusers to all 50 states and more than 70 countries. Customers throughout the world choose our fine bubble disc diffusers because of features such as:
- Molded EPDM membranes with demonstrated results, tight wall thickness tolerances, even air distribution and minimal shrinkage
- Patented PTFE membranes that lower lifetime costs through prolonged efficiency, reduced hardening, limited dynamic changes and less plasticizer extraction
- Complete product line of 7-inch, 9-inch, and 12-inch diffusers that you can combine to create the system you need
- Increased piping system integrity through double anchors and a thicker wall pipe
- SSI PODs™ factory-assembled connections available that lower on-site labor costs and shorten tank downtime
- Tried and tested grommet connections with over 15 years of demonstrated results
- Quick-connect saddles that allow installation with a simple quarter turn of the diffuser
- Customer support after sale for assistance with design, calculations, simulation and installation
When you choose us as your fine bubble diffuser manufacturer, you get to enjoy these benefits and more. You’ll soon see why our products keep water clean across the world.
Professionals throughout the world use fine bubble disc diffusers from SSI Aeration, Inc. for wastewater treatment systems. They make water cleaner and safer by improving the efficiency of the aeration process in treatment. Our customers include:
- Wastewater treatment plants: Water treatment plants that buy their parts directly from manufacturers rely on SSI Aeration, Inc. diffusers because of their quality and efficiency.
- Consulting engineers: Engineers who help develop new water treatment systems can suggest our products as part of their specifications.
- Contractors: When a contractor needs to make repairs or build a new system, they can use our top-quality parts.
- Product distributors and representatives: Distributors and their representatives partner with us to offer our components to industries all over the world.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs): Wastewater treatment OEMs create comprehensive systems that make water cleaner using our components.
For more information about the uses of our fine bubble disc diffusers, we welcome you to contact our team. We can explain our product lines and help you meet local water treatment regulations.
At SSI Aeration, Inc., we have multiple fine bubble disc diffuser sizes — 7-inch disc diffusers, the 9-inch disc diffuser and the 12-inch disc diffuser. SSI Aeration can meet a wide range of specifications and process requirements since we offered varied sizing and materials for our diffusers. Discover their features below.
7-Inch Fine Bubble Disc Diffuser Seven-inch fine bubble disc diffusers from SSI aeration, Inc. feature industry-leading engineering, top-quality components, and sophisticated design. The 7-inch diffuser model finds use across industry standards. Thousands of industrial and municipal installations around the world count on this diffuser size for aeration. SSI’s 7″ fine bubble disc diffusers are ideal for high-efficiency applications.
7-INCH FINE BUBBLE DISC DIFFUSER
Bubble diffusers are crucial in wastewater fine bubble aeration and treatment processes. They allow wastewater treatment systems to push air bubbles through water pipes and feed the tank's microorganisms that process the water. A company's wastewater treatment quality depends on its bubble disc diffuser.
SSI’s 7-inch fine bubble disc diffuser maximizes the oxygen diffuser density in high-efficiency applications. This bubble disc diffuser is used worldwide, and it exceeds or meets most industry standards for life span, overall quality and efficiency.Learn More Download PDF
9-INCH FINE BUBBLE DISC DIFFUSER
SSI Aeration's 9-inch fine bubble discs feature a superior design, high-quality components and the industry's finest engineering. The 9-inch diffuser model works efficiently across industry standards. Thousands of worldwide municipal and industrial installations depend on this diffuser for aeration. Many wastewater treatment system engineer specifications require this diffuser size.Learn More Download PDF
12-INCH FINE BUBBLE DISC DIFFUSER
SSI's 12-inch fine bubble disc diffuser combines a technically advanced product concept, superior engineering and excellent component quality. This advanced system's performance is reliable at every stage and has proven exceedingly efficient and durable in thousands of industrial and municipal installations worldwide.
The 9-inch fine bubble disc diffuser is a common installation in many wastewater treatment systems. However, a larger diffuser may be necessary for other systems. Many companies prefer SSI Aeration, Inc.'s 12-inch bubble fine disc diffuser when they need a cost-effective option with a larger active surface area.Learn More Download PDF
20-INCH FINE BUBBLE DISC DIFFUSER
These fine bubble disc diffusers meet the needs of most large wastewater treatment systems. A 20-inch fine bubble disc diffuser delivers minimal head loss and maximum oxygenation efficiency. It allows for closer disc placement and limits spiral flow.Learn More Download PDF
Patented PTFE membranes from SSI Aeration, Inc. prolong your system’s efficiency and reduce its whole-life costs. Our membranes reduce plasticizer extraction, membrane hardening, and shrinking. Since they protect your diffuser from these issues, they also reduce the risk of dynamic changes such as creep that result from the swell. Coating your membrane in PTFE makes your headloss values more consistent throughout the product’s life.
When you use our PTFE membrane in your aeration system, your system also stays cleaner. Compared to leading EPDM membranes in the industry, they feature a reduced need for cleanings and improved fouling resistance. Our PTFE membrane demonstrates this improvement over its competitors by a factor of five to 10.
Compared to an uncoated membrane, our PTFE membranes improve long-term power costs and air distribution. PTFE membranes from SSI also resist:
- Fats, oils, and greases
Our PTFE membrane’s resistance to these materials makes it suitable for food processing and oil and gas refineries in addition to wastewater treatment plants.
Create the system that fits your needs. We engineer fine bubble disc diffusers and mount them on a wide range of piping materials, including:
- Stainless steel
Your choice of connector materials also impacts the final system’s performance. When we attach your diffusers to your pipe, we can use components such as:
- Pre-assembled PODs™
Wondering how to assemble your system? Let us provide a retrievable system or a fixed grid. Our systems can also come in the form of a kit or with most of the parts pre-assembled. We will discuss your needs so we can offer recommendations that fit your situation.
Fine Bubble Disc Diffusers in MBBR
SSI designs its moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR) systems to work with fine bubble disc diffusers. An MBBR is a cost-effective wastewater treatment option because it consumes less energy than other systems and lowers hydraulic retention time (HRT).
This reduces operation and energy costs, and it allows the system to operate in a smaller space. MBBR systems also operate with a greater hydraulic capacity, allowing them to treat more wastewater at one time.
SSI designs its fine bubble disc diffusers and MBBR systems to ensure compatibility. SSI’s fine bubble disc diffusers work in MBBR systems with maximum performance and quality.
- Specific media design: SSI engineers its own media with superior quality to match specifications.
- In-house diffuser fabrication: SSI also fabricates specific diffusers to ensure superior performance and quality.
- Superior diffuser and media interface: SSI specifically engineers its media to ensure compatibility with its diffusers and achieve the most efficient operations.
- Industry expertise: SSI’s team has extensive experience designing and fabricating MBBRs for various industries, including the textile, food, petroleum-processing, chemicals manufacturing and pulp-and-paper manufacturing industries.
- Multifaceted expertise: SSI’s qualified teams offer expertise in media manufacturing, diffuser manufacturing and MBBR design in one company. This unparalleled multidisciplinary knowledge allows SSI teams to give clients the best services possible with superior expertise and multiple approaches.
- Experience-based and practical solutions: SSI’s multidisciplinary expertise offers abundant practical benefits. SSI has tested which resins work best to produce media that mixes with the lowest energy expenditure. SSI has also discovered which diffuser coatings and sizes minimize maintenance. Additionally, SSI can take precautions to prevent potential MBBR system issues such as overflows before they arise.
- Robust research and design program: SSI operates an effective research and design program, which pursues new MBBR system installation and media production designs and methods. The R&D team also analyzes and engineers systems to work with the interactions between MBBR system diffusers and media.
- SOTE resource library: SSI houses an extensive resource library for standard oxygen transfer (SOTE) testing. Applying these resources helps optimize MBBR system performance regarding oxygen transfer.
- IFAS experience: SSI’s teams are experienced with integrated fixed-film activated sludge (IFAS). IFAS requires less maintenance, less volume and fewer capital costs than conventional systems. SSI supplies IFAS systems with fixed media and has extensive experience operating them.
- Superior IFAS systems: SSI’s IFAS systems are some of the industry’s cleanest and best-maintained systems because we can prevent undesirable organisms such as leeches, flies and slugs from reaching them. By proactively maintaining our IFAS systems, we can ensure they operate efficiently.
Piping System Integrity
We use double anchors and a thicker wall pipe for fewer breakages. Compared to the average diffuser system, we use 38% thicker piping. Our diffusers’ double rod support stands to provide twice the resistance to thermal and hydraulic loads.
This design reduces the risk of failure due to temperature or water velocity. During the design process, we locate where the pipe needs the most support and attach the supports to these areas. By completing these steps, we can increase the product’s longevity.
Comprehensive Design Services and After-Sales Support
SSI Aeration, Inc. engineers can assist with every step of the design process. Let us help with process simulations, hydraulic studies and biological and mixing calculation. We staff a full drafting department that can create 3D drawings and animations to bring your ideas to life.
Our specialists can also offer support for specifications and CAD drawings. The service and installation crew at SSI Aeration, Inc. can support you throughout the early stages of your project. Since we operate worldwide, we also have a global, multilingual staff dedicated to your satisfaction.
Intelligent Upgrade Options for a Superior Diffuser
Our team understands the importance of efficient wastewater treatment systems. To further increase your system’s performance, we offer innovative upgrades you can add to your purchase.
Request a Fine Bubble Disc Diffusers Quote From SSI Aeration
SSI Aeration’s fine bubble disc diffusers are compatible with our cost-effective MBBR systems and engineered to operate efficiently. SSI Aeration offers reliable diffusers you can count on to save your company money on energy and operating costs.
Contact SSI to learn more about our fine bubble disc diffusers and how we can provide an efficient wastewater treatment system installed by experienced professionals.