Contact Us Today
Pre-Assembled Diffusers – PODS™
PODs™ pre-assembled aeration diffusers save time and have a low margin of error. They suit situations that require a fast installation or collaboration with a contractor. Learn more about SSI’s exclusive PODs™ diffuser systems and their benefits.
PRE-ASSEMBLED AERATION DIFFUSERS — OVERVIEW AND SPECIFICATIONS
Factory-assembled PODs™ diffusers come pre-mounted on lateral pipes. The assembler then connects the units as specified to create a wastewater aeration system. PODs™ size specifications include:
- Piping compatibility: Ø 3-inch, Ø 4-inch
- Retaining nut: Ø 10.7-inch
- Membrane: Ø 9-inch
- Hole size on pipe: Ø 0.67-inch
- Design airflow range: 1.5 to 3.0 SCFM
- Active surface area: 0.41 feet squared
In addition to a polypropylene retaining nut and base plate, a PODs™ system has membranes that SSI manufactures from one of four materials:
- EPDM: As SSI’s standard membrane material, EPDM offers reliability and consistency at a reasonable price point. Manufacturers use compression molding that involves vacuum technology and individual thermocouples.
- PTFE: A PTFE coating can extend the life of an EPDM membrane and increase its effectiveness. PTFE has better fouling resistance, less plasticizer loss and reduced creep.
- fEPDM™: When solvents can pose a risk to PTFE coatings, fEPDM™ membranes offer the required chemical resistance. The fEPDM™ manufacturing process also protects the membrane’s inner slits.
- Viton®: Viton® from DuPont has high resistance to most chemicals and foulants. It suits high-intensity applications in which the client doesn’t consider cost an issue.
The versatility and simplicity of PODs™ make them an excellent choice for a variety of applications.
PODs™ pre-assembled aeration diffusers save time and have a low margin of error. They suit situations that require a fast installation or collaboration with a contractor. Learn more about SSI’s exclusive PODs™ diffuser systems and their benefits.Learn More Download PDF
BENEFITS OF SSI AERATION, INC. DISC DIFFUSERS
Disc diffusers from SSI serve as the foundation of PODs™ systems. SSI has extensive experience working with plasticizer to create dependable rubber membranes. A compression molding technique promotes uniformity in materials for even tear resistance. SSI disc diffusers feature advanced plastics and engineering for top-quality results.
REDUCED AERATION FIELD LABOR COSTS
If a project has high labor costs or needs to save on labor costs where possible, a PODs™ system can assist in mitigating the price. Since trained personnel assemble the PODs™ units in advance, contractors can perform less work. As a result, the client can hire less intensive labor at a lower price.
SHORTER ASSEMBLY TIME
A PODs™ system has a shorter assembly time than a typical wastewater aeration system because SSI handles the unit connections. As a result, the installation process requires fewer steps, reducing its duration.
EASY SELF-INSTALL WATER AERATION DIFFUSERS
Every PODs™ aeration system has an easy self-installation process that makes it suitable for contractors of many skill levels. Projects that have a field labor shortage or a low installation budget can benefit from the system’s simple assembly.
WATER DIFFUSERS WITH WORRY-FREE INSTALLATION
Since semi-automatic machinery and trained experts create PODs™ systems in a controlled factory setting, clients can have a worry-free installation. Their professional construction reduces the chance of error for contractors.
BUY PODS™ DIFFUSERS FROM SSI AERATION, INC.
Clients ready to buy an aeration diffuser system for their next project can request a quote today for an expert consultation. They may also message a product representative for general information.