SSI Offers 9″ Disc Diffuser Replacement Parts and Installation
By: Tom Frankel
Post Date: April 3rd 2019
SSI replacement membranes fit most competitor’s diffuser bodies. These include both disc and tube diffusers. Membranes are available in PTFE, EPDM, and Silicone. Ceramic-to-membrane retrofit kits are also available.
In addition, we make all replacement diffuser membranes in-house. Therefore, the same high-quality material is used as our standard line. Membranes are field tested in municipal and industrial applications. As a result, testing shows excellent high oxygen transfer efficiency, optimal performance, and reduced power costs.
PTFE coated membranes have several benefits:
- Resistance to clogging, fouling, stretching, and deterioration
- Resistance to fats, oils, greases, hydrocarbons, fuels, and solvents
- Easier to clean and extended life
- Competitive SOTE
Some replacement jobs include:
- Ceramic-to-membrane retrofit membranes at North Texas Metro Water District, Wilson Creek WWTP in Allen, Texas in 2009.
- Kruger Wayagamack, Trois Rivers QC.
- Piece County Utilities membranes in Tacoma, Washington.
- Jefferson City Wastewater Treatment Plant in Jefferson City, Missouri totaling over 20,000 PTFE coated membranes.